ALERTS()
Code 8
SUPERPOWERS • ADVANCED • DEVELOPMENT DRIVEN

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Silvia, Rosel, 26 - KInetic (4) - Natalie Dormer
ROSEL SILVIA
 Posted: Dec 9 2016, 05:38 PM
Ro, Harbinger
27 YEARS OLD
309 POSTS
Kinetic
Class 4
Blackmail
Special

Rosel Silvia

Computer Hope
  • full name: Rosel "Ro" Silvia
  • occupation: Nothing stable officially, but unofficially a collector of secrets
  • power/class: Class 4 Kinetic

appearance

• face claim: Natalie Dormer
  • height: 5'3"
  • tattoos: None
  • piercings: None
  • scars: Healed pink scratches around and across her eyes, typically covered by a pair of extra dark tint sunglasses.

relationships

• sexuality: Heterosexual
  • relationship status: In A Relationship
  • current partner: Jaxon Alexander
  • parents: Henry Francis and Amelie Victoria LaFollette Silvia, both deceased
  • siblings: Blair Silvia (28), location unknown
  • children: None

health

• physical ailments: Blind
  • mental ailments: Rare hallucinations and a healthy fear of insects and spiders
  • allergies: None
  • addictions: None
  • smoking: No
  • drinking: An occasional drink every now and again never hurt.
  • drug use: Definitely not since the hospital

We show off our different scarlet letters.

Trust me, mine is better.

Would you like to know a secret?

Come closer. Closer. Don’t worry, I won’t bite. I wouldn’t hurt a fly. A spider, however… that’s another story.

The story I’m about to tell you involves spiders. Hundreds, if not thousands of them. Little ones no bigger than a fingernail, and some as tall as your or I. Taller, even. Some have eight legs, some have two. Some spin webs, and some twist minds. Some have eight eyes and some… some cannot see at all. But, silly me, I’m getting ahead of myself. You wanted a secret first. My secret is this: Chance and Fate are the best of friends.

I know. Not much of a secret, right? It sounds like something you’d find in a fortune cookie. But it’s true, I swear it. I’m living proof. Fate and Chance have been best friends, enemies, lovers, and everything in between since the very first inkling of existence. You and me? We’re the entertainment. And they do love to play their games.

The game they began with me started in a sleepy town in Oregon. I’m not sure of the name and to be honest, I’m not even sure how Henry Silvia and Amelie LaFollette met. No one from those days is around anymore to tell me… But they did meet, and fell in love, and got married. They bought a little yellow house with a red door and a meadow off to one side, and they filled the house with books and the smells of baking and planted chrysanthemums by the mailbox. His police cruiser was parked in the driveway and it always sparkled, and she liked to sing lullabies to their two little girls. The first had her father’s blonde hair and her mother’s blue eyes. Blair. And then there was the baby, with curling red hair, like Amelie’s. They called me Rosel. But, for whatever reason, most have always called me Ro.

My sister, however, called me Rosie. The four of us did quite nicely in our home. Blair was one year older than I, and therefore we became eachother’s playmates. She was never particularly gentle. Her impatience with my wobbly steps when she could already run was evident. Games of tag usually wound up ending in a petulant scream when she shoved me over. She never quite grasped the concept of sharing and therefore our toys were really her toys, and if I dared touch them she threw a fit. I’m not sure why. Typical older sister, maybe. I’m sure she would have grown out of it, if we had had the time. One day Fate decided to poke me, though. I’d been playing with a toy castle I got for my birthday, and Blair pushed it off the table. It broke and I shrieked and suddenly the couch went flying into the wall. Oops? The wall held, but, there was a crack my mother had to cover with one of our great aunt’s quilts for a while.

Cookies flew off the too high counter-tops, my mother’s china dishes rattled as I passed, and my dolls danced with me in dizzy pirouettes around my room. It was magic! It was fun, and amazing, and a secret. My first, of many. Momma and Papa were very stern and very clear. No one could know what I could do. I mustn’t use my powers outside the house. I was too little to really understand. Surely, the meadow was safe? Surely my playmates at daycare wouldn’t tell? I did try to keep the secret, and perhaps Chance was kind that no one of real importance ever learned of the force hiding behind a toddler’s laughing smile and twinkling eyes. I didn’t know then, what I was. I merely thought I was a superhero. A magical fairy ballerina princess. Who would have guessed, that little Rosie Silvia down the street, was a Kinetic?

The next secret was my sister’s. Not even my parents knew, and for a while I was too young to put two and two together. Blair had a superpower, too. I don’t know when she first got it...maybe she had it before mine, or maybe it was right after. All I know is that suddenly she no longer took interest in our toys. They were boring, and stiff, and thoughtless. But I… I made the perfect toy. The perfect doll. I could laugh and walk and talk and cry, and all she had to do was listen and she’d know just what button to push or twist. Not by my spoken words. By my thoughts. We were children. We didn’t have a clear concept of sharing, or ownership, or being fair. Blair simply took things, and if she gave them back, they were never as they were.

There were so many tricks. Feathers tickling my sides. Whispers in my ears. Thoughts that weren’t my own… telling me to take one more cookie, touch the candle, open the door, hold my breath just a few seconds more… Little things. Innocent things. I wasn’t afraid of the dark, but, what if that shadow was a monster? If I moved, I would shatter like glass. I couldn’t touch my toys, or else they would burst into flame and melt in my hands. The butterflies in the field were all wasps. The treats Momma made us were ash. My arms itched and though I knew there was nothing there, I had to check to make sure that there weren’t spiders. There never was but once I could have sworn… I saw something crawl out of the corner of my eyes.

Harmless, right? They were only tricks.

I didn’t tell. I wish I had. I grew so upset with her once, I pushed her. Hard enough to send her tumbling backwards into the mud, while I stood clear across the yard. She was furious. She dragged me into the treeline by my hair and made me stand behind a pine. For hours. Until the sun went down and she’d long gone inside and the air got colder and colder. I could hear my mother frantically calling for me, I could see my father talking on his radio to his policemen brothers… and I didn’t say a word. I couldn’t. I mustn’t. I had to stand right there, in the dark, and keep my mouth shut and Not. Move. A. Muscle. If I moved, I’d be lost. When my father finally found me my lips were blue, but my small voice stoically told him that, “I’m only playing a game, Papa. Hide and seek.” I hadn’t meant to say anything, but the words came nonetheless. I don’t think I met Blair’s eyes for days.

It would have continued like that for forever, I have no doubt. My parents would have eventually found out and scolded her, if she let them… but they never got the chance. Instead they got into a car on a snowy December night, and went to a party. Blair and I were at home with the babysitter, and it was way past our bedtime when she got the call. Momma and Papa hit a patch of ice on the bridge. But anyone who has ever spoken to me about it assures me that they wouldn’t have felt a thing. It was all very quick. I suppose I am thankful for that. I was five, and Blair was almost seven, and we went into the foster system.

Blair was adamant, or as adamant as a seven year old could be, that we keep our powers a secret. No one would want us if they knew we were magic. I was only a kid, but I was scared of her enough to keep my mouth shut. I did my best to be good. I spoke quietly, I played gently, I said all my please’s and thank you’s and yes ma’am, no sir’s. Everyone loved Blair. She’d always been the center of attention, with her curly gold hair and big blue eyes and sweet smiles. Everywhere we went, people fawned all over her. Me? If I was good, they would keep us. That’s all I knew to do. But they never did. There was always an excuse. This family only wanted one little girl. Blair was allergic to that family’s dog. This one wasn’t ready to commit, this one didn’t quite fit, and these lovely folks really wanted a boy. For some reason, it never worked out. I started to notice Blair’s frowns. If she frowned too much, we’d inevitably leave and be on to the next place. Like clockwork. I never said a word about what I was starting to suspect. The years flew by, and as long as Blair was frowning at whatever new home we were in, she wasn’t smiling at me. Her smiles were sugary sweet and angelic, and petrified me.

The tricks, from before? Child’s play. I think of them now and laugh. The ones she came up with during our stint in the foster system were… were the stuff of nightmares. I became her very favorite game. I inhaled smoke. Food was dirt in my mouth. Glass sliced my skin and my hands froze and splintered, right in front of my eyes. Demons crooned in my ears and my reflection screamed and tried to burst from her mirrored cage to sink her claws into my heart. When I slept I woke with my own fingers at my throat and I was sure that if I opened my mouth to scream I would choke on snakes. It was madness. It was torture, and cruel, and I don’t...I don’t think I’ll ever be quite right again. She wasn’t my sister. She was a twelve year old girl, and she was my hell. I don’t know what I did to deserve it. She must have made me forget. That’s the only explanation. Her voice in my head was enough to make my hands shake and my hair to stand on end. And then… she would stop. For days or weeks, there would be nothing. Just long enough for me to start to relax and think, That was the end. It’s over. Until her voice would laugh in answer, Oh, Rosie. Never.

I snuck away one day. When we were at the Robertson’s house, with their little girl called Cassie. I wasn’t very masterful with my powers just yet, and I took all the opportunity I could to play in secret, when I was sure Blair wouldn’t find me. Silly, as I am now sure that she knew, given her ability to read my thoughts. I was behind the shed in the garden making pebbles dance and spin like little planets in the air. I didn’t notice Cassie Robertson watching from around the corner.

That night at dinner, Cassie asked me to make her teddy bear fly, too. Then she excitedly told my foster parents all about my magic powers, and how I could make things fly. It went very quiet. I didn’t dare look up from my carrots, but I could feel Blair’s glare. She wasn’t saying anything, in my mind or outside it, and she didn’t say a word as Mr. and Mrs. Robertson hurriedly excused themselves to the bedroom to talk. I was apologizing before they’d shut the door down the hall, and I was still trying to get out a coherent, ‘I’m sorry!” by the time she had me by the hair, yanking me out into the backyard. She was silent. There was nothing, nothing, nothing, except my crying and Cassie’s confused questions behind us in the kitchen.

I didn’t know what to do. She dragged me to the swingset and threw me to the ground and I did my best to brace myself but there was just...nothing. She still wasn’t talking or rooting around in my head, from what I could tell. She only glared at me with a mute expression of utter hatred. Until she started smiling.

I had scrambled to my feet. I was thinking of running and hiding in the shed. I could barely bring myself to meet her eyes but as I dragged my eyes up to her own, I saw something. Quick, out of the corner of my eye. Again, and again, and in the other, as well. My hair twitched, tugged by something. Something tickled my cheek and I reached up to wipe it away and when my hand came back… black. Writhing. Covered in hundreds of little spiders. I could feel them, then. Running across my brow and tangling in my eyelashes and digging into the roots of my hair and falling on my nose and lips. They weren’t just in my peripherals, they were blotting out entire chunks of light. Pressing my lips and tickling my eyes with their little legs.

It was just a trick. Just a trick. I tried to stay calm and remember that…. It would have to end. She couldn’t keep it up forever. But...but they were making my eyes water. They were burrowing. They were trying to get into the corners of my eyes and I couldn’t see around their wriggling bodies and I ...I…. I had to get them off. I had to dig them out, claw them away. What else could I do? I was screaming and she was laughing and they were working beneath my eyelids, so…

My powers broke loose, somewhere in all this. Was it before I started? Or after my hand began to come away bloody? I don’t know. It hurt. Everything hurt. I don’t even… I don’t know how else to describe it to you. I wanted to stop but I couldn’t. Every rake of my nails down my face tore away spiders and skin. I could see her, standing proud and tall beyond all the hot red and crawling black, and giggling. My powers latched onto the playset, the shed, the tree. Ripped it all to pieces. Rammed into the house. The Robertsons were screaming. I was dizzy with pain and blood-loss by the time the Enforcers showed up. I remember their lights...blurry and faded in the driveway. And Blair. Blair was the last thing I saw, distorted and peering down at my drenched hands. My fingers came to my eyes once more and then… that was it.

Baby, I could build a castle

Out of all the bricks they threw at me.

I woke up in the hospital with bandages wrapped over most of my face. It was a couple days later. Between the trauma, drugs, and surgeries, I was only barely coherent enough to discern voices. I thought I recognized my foster parents and our case agent, talking a ways away in the hall, perhaps. They were discussing me. A psychotic break, a new voice said. The stress of being found out as Special, on a fragile mind. The doctors asked the Robertsons if they could afford a Healer. Reconstructive surgery would be invasive. There was little chance of my sight returning, lest a Healer Special get involved. I knew they could afford it. They went on cruises every year. They each owned an Audi, aside from the family Land Rover. Their house was a small mansion.

“No,” Mrs. Roberston said, “What’s the point? She’s just a Special. She’s not worth it.”

They left shortly after. They didn’t say a word to me. Blair went with them, and I heard later they adopted her. No one came back for me. The day after they turned the Healer away, I was registered in my hospital bed as a Class Four Kinetic, Number 2985795309. Silvia, Rosel Elaine. Age 11. They gave me so many painkillers, I couldn’t even feel the tears that inflamed what was left of my eyes.

There were surgeries. I don’t know how many, honestly. I lost count and gave up trying to figure out which ones even merited counting. They put what they could back together. Ocular reconstruction is no easy thing, but my tear ducts were fixed enough to produce tears, and my eyelids were pieced back. They did what they could about the gashes and claw marks. They itched so badly, and for a while they made me wear gloves to keep from irritating them. I had salves and lotions to help with the healing, but it did little use. By the time I was deemed suitable enough to leave emergency and intensive care, I had white eyes and a mask of scars. I could feel them, silk soft and raw and still healing beneath my fingertips. But not for long... I didn’t trust my hands upon my skin, you see. And I knew it must be awful, what was left of my face. The nurses whispered and the other patients talked. I wasn’t deaf. I was blind.

They moved me to psych, and I stayed for...god, it felt like a lifetime. Lots of talking. Lots of itchy uniforms and rooms with soft walls and so, so, so many drugs. They made my head feel heavy and I had a hard enough time walking with my damned cane as it was without my hands and feet feeling so pleasantly tingly. It would quell the voices, they said. The phantom touches, the giggling, the breath on the back of my neck. It didn’t. Nothing worked. I spoke when they asked me questions and if they didn’t like the answer, I got a new room or a new cup of pills or a new therapist who wanted to try some new exercise. But the other patients were nice, for the most part. Loud and rude and grabbing at me just to watch me flinch, but nice enough. I kept to myself. Kept to the corners and the sides of the rooms, with my hand on the wall to guide me. By happenstance and a botched attempt at wandering my prison, I ran into boys. I couldn’t tell if they were cute, of course, but they were very friendly. Chase and Gunari, and Guni’s mother Mirela. It was almost… pleasant, to have friends, even in there. My powers were banned. I edged a chair from my path once and spent a week in solitary. They were worried, they all said. What if I triggered another episode?

I tried to tell them. I told anyone who would listen. It wasn’t me, it was Blair. She was still in my head. Giggling and jeering and whispering. The doctors really didn’t like that. Years ticked by. I was vaguely aware of holidays passing, and the cupcake I got on my birthdays, and other patients coming and going. It was hard to keep track by sound and touch alone. But I could hear things… and I heard enough to grow curious.

The odd thing about being blind, or having any disability I suppose, is that people ignore you. Or do there very best to pretend you don’t exist because you make them uncomfortable. Me, being tiny and pale and grotesque? People somehow forgot I existed sometimes. You would be amazed what I heard. This nurse hooked up with this doctor (or patient, sometimes.) This one was stealing drugs. This one was smuggling in cards and sweets for this patient. That patient had a cellphone. The doctor with the accent had a heavy, lingering hand. And the orderly, with the lisp… he liked to wait in the corner of my room while I undressed and be as quiet as possible. How was I to notice him? I didn’t, for a long time, until he forgot to turn the sound off on his camera.

I waited one night, and listened as hard as I could. I let my powers out, tentative and unsteady, until those tendrils brushed him just lightly. Like a pair of ghostly hands. I felt around, careful to keep up the facade of oblivious teenage girl, until I felt the phone in his hands. I turned toward him and yanked it from his grasp, and it flew into my hand. He tried to stand and run, or maybe take it back, but I had him rooted to the floor. Unable to move or so much as twitch.

He tried to yell, but I got him to shut up pretty quick. What would it look like if someone came in here and found half undressed me, with his phone, set to the camera, and him...doing go knows what. I’m blind, remember? He begged me not to tell or hand his phone over. I said I wouldn’t. On one condition. Alright, a few conditions. No more pictures, of me or anyone else. Extra orange slices. More time outside in the little yard. No more showers, I only wanted baths. And not a single more pill. I didn’t care what he did with them, as long as they disappeared from my cup long before they reached me. He obeyed. He was an idiot, but, even idiots can be taught.

Was it...bad, that I enjoyed it? This newfound talent? I collected secrets and scandals like some of the other patients collected yogurt cups and crayons. A whisper here, a warning there...and suddenly I knew what it was like to have control. I was careful. Nothing big. Nothing but simple favors and helping other patients out when possible. But it was addictive. Empowering, to know that even scarred and blind and worthless, I could be in control.

The giggly voice in my head remained, but I learned to ignore it. Kept my mouth shut and offered the right answers whenever anyone asked about how my broken head was doing. And maybe, in a weird way, forcing myself to be normal is what did the trick. By the time I was twenty one and old enough to sign myself out, I was… well, god, as normal as I was ever going to be. My powers were almost entirely mastered, I had the run of the hospital, and I had found a new hobby. Now, what to do with it in the real world…

The rumors are terrible and cruel,

But, honey, most of them are true.

Once out, I found myself on the streets. It took a lot of doing, but I managed to claw my way into a small apartment. (You wouldn’t believe what the landlord had in the basement… and neither would the cops, I assured him.) I met and befriended a woman called Amanvir, and if it wasn’t for her I surely would have died in some ditch a long, long time ago. My apartment was small, but, when she visits it almost feels homey. And how can anyone despair, when a girl like Ama takes your hand and runs you all over town shopping and giggling about hot guys and describing the movies you could no longer see?

It’s not a simple thing, blackmail. It’s intricate. I talk with as many people as I can, and make friends and connections whenever possible or profitable. My secrets cost a fortune or a secret in return, and people know better than to double cross me. I don’t do it for money or personal gain. I don’t require much to survive. No, my goal is to help people like me out. Specials, down on their luck and just fighting to survive. I know, I know… I don’t look like much. Tiny, soft voiced, blind Ro, walking down some dark alley and threatening blackmail? Who would taken that seriously? It’s alright, though. I’ve learned what gets people talking. My methods are… well. Nothing says, “Do what I say, or else.” like being dragged by invisible hands and dangled off buildings, or thrown into walls, or strung up like a marionette. I’m a nightmare, they say. I keep my eyes covered behind sunglasses, but some must have seen… there are whispers. I should know, I’m the duchess of whispers, aren’t I? They see me coming and I listen to them run but, poor things... They never get far.

They call me Harbinger. A fateful omen of misfortune.

Dramatic, I know… I can practically hear you rolling your eyes. But there’s something so deliciously mysterious about it, don’t you think? I’m not the bad guy, I swear, but I certainly won’t correct them. If the real bad guys want to wet themselves avoiding my attentions, then let them. It’s a game, you see. A game of Chance and Fate, and if I play them right they’re my friends, too.

So. Want to play? I’ve heard so much about you...

Summary

Scarred and blind, Rosel Silvia never expected to have a life after her sister’s betrayal and manipulations. While her fears have haunted her since Blair’s cruelty, Ro has tried to live as normally as a blackmailing, disabled Kinetic can. Harbinger, her criminal alias, has become infamous and feared in the streets, and her status as Lincoln City’s infamous blackmailer has gained her favor and a role as one Samael’s weapons in the Resistance. Despite all of her shadows, however, Ro is almost the exact opposite in other aspects of her life. Witty, optimistic, and surprisingly gentle, and the furthest thing from her darker alter ego. By a miraculous happenstance, she found the love of her life in a man called Jaxon, an Enforcer who treats his Kinetic as a queen and makes her forget a lifetime of pain. She treasures him above all else, and is often found curled in his arms with eyes peacefully closed.

Friends

At first you might think that Ro struggles to maintain any serious friendship due to her collecting of information, but you couldn’t be more wrong. Thoughtful, clever, and kind to a fault are the big three characteristics of her personality. She is known to be downright bubbly, girl-next-door sometimes. Being short and at first glance weak, most people feel an automatic need to protect her (though she can definitely take care of herself). Her sweet, snarky charm allows her to make friends with almost anyone, and the vast majority of people (special or otherwise) have a hard time not liking her.

Enemies

Cruelty of any sort is abhorrent to her. She dislikes those who would try to suppress a Special's abilities, but isn't quick to hate them. The particularly bad people she has blackmailed definitely want to see her dead. Those who hate open displays of special abilities could also find fault with her, since her abilities manifest in her daily life as a way for her to live ‘normally’. Her quiet nature can be unnerving and she is jumpy when it comes to direct contact. She doesn’t display a ton of emotion, so those who are seeking to get a rise out of her are going to have to really work at it. She hates manipulation and isn’t afraid of calling someone out, and can be reckless when she does get upset.

Lovers

A certain Enforcer has come along and swept this kinetic blackmailer off her feet, and needless to say, she's head over heels for him. She’s taken, lads.

About The Player

• Alias: Imaginary
  • Characters: Rosel Silvia, Delta Morello, Jayne Alexander, Darci Garland and Rebecca Carlisle
  • (M)/Smut: Sure
  • Triggers: Nadda
  • Limits: None, but if you have concerns I’d be more than happy to discuss it.
  • Blurb: First things first, call me Ima. Anything else is just, sheesh, so formal. I live in East Tennessee with my three vhildren- er, dogs, named Kaze, Joker, and Zuko. I am more than happy to show you as many pictures of them as you can handle, and then some. I’m your typical Hufflepuff, and I love Star Wars, art, good ole southern charm, books, and I’m only a little bit addicted to Pinterest, I swear. I’ve been roleplaying since I was a kid but this is my first time as an admin, so be gentle! I’m excited to learn and eager to please, and will try to be of the best assistance I can be if you ever have any questions. I love to talk about my characters and have a good time and even though I make myself cringe on occasion, please feel free to say hi! I won’t bite!

Ima . EST . PM Discord#7470

PM
^
TARA
 Posted: Dec 13 2016, 10:07 AM
Tara
32 YEARS OLD
453 POSTS
supermom
Class 5
everything
Admin

accepted

+ welcome to Code 8
Please don't forget to post in the face claim, member directory, and power claim. We look forward to seeing you around the site!
-code 8 staff

--------------------
poke me if you need anything! sig code credits go to brooklyn of caution.
if you hurt me you hurt yourself don't hurt yourself
PMEmail
^
ELLIOT HOWELL
 Posted: Dec 21 2016, 12:36 AM
Howell
34 YEARS OLD
41 POSTS
-
Class -
Veterinarian
INACTIVE

ro & howell

Rosel is just the type of person that Howell would want on his side. His search for his fugitive little sister is ongoing and anyone that has the potential to know anything about her is a friend in his eyes. The back door of his clinic is open to any Special that's been injured, which could potentially be a way they could meet. The only thing he usually asks is that they put the word out on the street that he's looking for Holly. If Howell knew about Ro's business of collecting secrets, well she'd definitely be someone he'd want to keep around.
PM
^
NOAH ERIKKSON
 Posted: Feb 2 2017, 08:16 PM
Noah
29 YEARS OLD
387 POSTS
Absorber
Class 4
Enforcer
Enforcer

noah & rosel

I'm not sure yet just how many people I want to know about Noah's powers, but the further time goes on, the more people who are going to know. Right now, it's not something that's so common knowledge that she could hear his name and know "oh, he's that Special Enforcer." Down the road, maybe. And I plan to have him get a little... almost infamous within the resistance community as an Enforcer who can be trusted by Specials at the very least and I'm sure news of his powers will circulate with time, but not just yet.

That being said, Noah's still a hardcore protector at heart and if she had one of her episodes and was in danger of hurting herself or others, he'd absolutely steal her powers and damn the consequences. He just doesn't want it to get back to his coworkers because he knows he'd lose his job. And if it got back to his parents, he'd also lose his trust fund, his house, his car, etc. So for practicality's sake, he's trying to keep that from happening and whatever he does, he tries to keep as subtle as possible.

As far as how they get along, I'm going to say that he'd tolerate her with the possibility of a friendship depending on how they get along in thread. It's hard for me to say how he'd react to her in an unpressurized setting without knowing the topic of discussion or what else is going on. He can be a bit temperamental at times, so that would be something we'd just have to feel out as it was happening, but I'm all for giving something a shot. Soon. I'm in like eleven threads with him at the moment but I think a couple of those are going to get cut down soon.

PM
^
NOAH ERIKKSON
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 05:41 PM
Noah
29 YEARS OLD
387 POSTS
Absorber
Class 4
Enforcer
Enforcer

noah & rosel

Okay, I wanted to hit you up officially and say that after all the iccs, I absolutely demand that these two be friends. Noah needs friends. Rosel needs friends. They are friendly and I need it. We can even have their first meeting be a blind date. I don't even care. But I need this friendship in my life.

And then there's the added potential for Ro to get dragged into all the drama in Noah's life if you want to toss her into that steaming pile of shit. And despite all the cockblocking going on, there's also the potential for a one night stand of sorts if you want to go that route. Ro needs to brush up on her skills for Jax. @IMaginary

PM
^
GUNARI CHARANI
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 05:38 AM
GUNI
24 YEARS OLD
51 POSTS
Terra
Class 4
plant wizard/ranger
Special

guni & leo

Hi Ima, I'm at last on holidays (yeehaw) and would love to have a thread with you when you have a spot of time <3

So first up, I have Guni, who is Qetsiyah's and Noah's (unknown) brother and something of a Special rights activist who helps with special underground railroad shenanigans like helping Specials avoid detection. He doesn't have many threads at the moment, but I think he and Ro could have some plots if ever Ro was in a particular stitch and unable to turn to someone else and somehow stumbled across his contact details. I don't have any specific ideas, but I thought I'd drop him here anyways <3

Rosel strikes me as one of those sweet beans that you really don't want to trigger into a rage of protective fury, so if you'd like to explore that side of her in a thread I volunteer Taris as tribute! You mentioned in her profile that people tend to have protective feelings for her because she's smol and quiet, so if you want to flip that on it's head, we should do the thing. Heck, I'd loved to see him unnerved by a creepy silence on her end. -cough-

I promise Taris was originally written for another board where he was supposed to be a villain, so he doesn't always get a chance to flex his dickhead muscles. He doesn't exactly know where to draw boundaries and does tend to the side of cruel when he's defensive, so I can see Ro having problems with him. But on his end, I doubt Taris has much, if any problem, with Ro (minus, you know, numerous real and imagined reasons to be jealous) go getcha one night stand girl, you deserve it for what you've been through. Actually, I'd suspect that with Taris avoiding the semi-psychiatric care facility his Dad is in and both Ro and Taris getting hit by the great life stick of anti-Special sentiment (in that neither of them have really been able to hold jobs), they probably have more in common than Taris would like to acknowledge.

It'd be interesting to see how things pan out in any case! Just throwin' some ideas at you <3 @Imaginary

PM
^
NICHOLAS WRIGHT
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 06:14 PM
Nicky
32 YEARS OLD
33 POSTS
Electric
Class 4
Mechanic
Special

nicky & rosel

I'm thinking once they meet and she reminds him of text to speech programmes existing - because seriousy Nicky, oh my frikken god you took computer sciences FFS - these two could be like business partners or some shit? 'Cos like Rosel, Nicky has that thing where as well as being Special, society considers him disabled, and as a result people don't really see him. So he could pick up all the gossip and be a decent informer. Thoughts?

@IMaginary

PM
^
Samuel Carlisle
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 06:14 PM
Samael
41 YEARS OLD
175 POSTS
Telepath
Class 5
Actor
Special

Rosel & Sam

Remember, the devil was an angel once too.

Sam doesn’t believe in asking for something without giving, and part of that is having control over someone. He knows that by giving for information, he’s building a rapport. Though, to start, he might simply ask for minor information from Rosel, using his notoriety as Samael in the circle of the Resistance and those whispering about it. As the violent-minded leader, those who speak and follow his name are typically looking for those to help him and them out. A blackmailing Kinetic is…perfect.

The dark side of Sam comes out when in relation to her wariness about mentally focused Specials. He’s manipulative, and he likes it. He would use this ability as well as his remarkable intelligence and sociopathic tendencies to convince her to both be wary of him, but to trust him. He would make sure she thought those thoughts, and then work on turning them around both through his words and actions, but also through his gentle puppeteering. It’s what he does, and he loves doing it, even if he’s doing it against people he hopes to be working with in the future. Now, mind, he cares about specials, so he’s not going to do things so extreme as to make them afraid of him initially, that comes if they back out, betray him, or lie.

In those cases, Samael is evil. He will fuck with the heads of anyone who turns their back on his cause after he’s gotten them to it, or done things for them. This is where his manipulation and control takes a dark turn, and he’s not afraid, nor has any remorse, for doing it. He uses this against people and keeps them under his strong hand. Again, this is only if they go back on whatever they agreed to.

I think Sam/ Samael and Rosel have a good chance of working well together. There’s potential for things to go sour, but initially I think Sam would want to talk with her about her information gathering, as well as her abilities. Kinetic’s with dangerous and painful pasts are wonderful weapons, and if he can manipulate and use her fears and the memories to turn the tide against Enforcer Brutality, he will do his best to make sure it works in his favor.

PM
^
RAGNA ÅKERFELDT
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 10:08 PM
Ray
30 YEARS OLD
35 POSTS
Brawn
Class 4
bartender
INACTIVE

ragna & rosel

Okay I admit, this is primarily because I am sort of in love with Rosel. But! Ragna has always tried to take care of specials who come to her - she doesn't really go out of her way, but if she finds them, she'd help. And with Rosel's tendency to...acquire... information, Ragna would definitely be interested. She likes to keep up-to-date on the comings and goings of South Lincoln, particularly the risk of any raids from the Enforcers. Rosel has probably honestly plenty of information about Ragna as well - she's lived in South Lincoln her entire life, and the death of her boyfriend Storm wasn't exactly quiet.
PM
^
GUNARI CHARANI
 Posted: May 23 2017, 09:45 PM
GUNI
24 YEARS OLD
51 POSTS
Terra
Class 4
plant wizard/ranger
Special

ro & guni

THIS IS A REMINDER THAT I STILL WANNA THREAD WITH YOU I'M JUST INHUMANLY SLOW.

aLsO. I forgot if I mentioned this, but I loved the idea of Ro being backed into a corner and Guni doing some swooping. And I don't know why but I could see both Guni and Ro being more than suspicious of some of the more morally ambiguous jobs on the noticeboard (maybe they just have naturally shrewd facial expressions, idk). Maybe somewhere along the line they join forces to try and see who's behind some jobs, or try to stop people from doing some of the dodgy things but following them and whatnot.

Whatever works~ @IMAGINARY

PM
^
Mirela Charani
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 07:42 PM
Rela
48 YEARS OLD
35 POSTS
Telepath
Class 5
Criminal
Special

Mirela & RoBoat

Ro, sweet child, you need your fortune read. Mirela's usually hanging around somewhere with a little booth set up so it would be nothing for Ro to spot it and drop in. And while Mirela usually BS's her way through her "fortune telling," she does slip some truths in there which means she'd pick up on the past trauma without hesitation. They could launch into a more serious conversation from that if you want.

PM
^
Mirela Charani
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 08:16 PM
Rela
48 YEARS OLD
35 POSTS
Telepath
Class 5
Criminal
Special

Mirela & RoBoat

I knew she knew Guni but I didn't know how close they were or what you'd established with Pockets, so that helps. Do you think Mirela might even know Ro from the hospital as well? She was there just about as much as Guni was. Could be a case of "you look familiar" and then they could make the connection if you want to go that route.

As for the big revelation, Noah's already found Guni and Siyah, and I think Siyah's going to tell Mirela about Noah, so that part is taken care of. It'd be cool if Noah told Ro, "hey, I found my mom" and Ro being like "Oh, I met her. Nice lady." And Noah just being very confused for a bit.

PM
^
Chase Galloway
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 04:35 PM
Chase
24 YEARS OLD
47 POSTS
Healer
Class 1
Driver
Special

Chase & Ro

So I wrote that they'd met briefly in the hospital because Chase was a lurker when Guni was lowkey dying. I didn't get into a lot of detail about them talking or anything, so it's kinda up in the air just exactly how well they know each other. But I'd love to have them hang out or maybe he'd even (if Ro was agreeable) rob some people that were on her naughty list. And from the icc we know he's an idiot when it comes to her panic attacks but also weirdly effective? Idk. But I need them to be friends. Just as long as Jax isn't around since Chase is unregistered and a missing person, obvs.
PM
^
Chase Galloway
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 07:00 PM
Chase
24 YEARS OLD
47 POSTS
Healer
Class 1
Driver
Special

Chase & Ro

I love it! I didn't want to take too many liberties in his bio, but this is good. This is great. Chase has no qualms about pointing out the elephant in the room because he hates that feeling that people are talking around something. So he'd absolutely talk about it normally, make jokes, tease her relentlessly. I'd love for them to meet up to exchange something and end up almost getting busted. As a bonus, Ro wouldn't be able to see how he was driving. -cough- And he'd be pulling some crazy stunts and would keep up a steady stream of conversation at the same time. Probably literally telling her jokes while he drives. "What is the difference between a blind man and a sailor in prison? One can't see to go, the other can't go to sea." While he's screeching the tires around a corner through a red light.
PM
^
Isabella Archer
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 05:47 PM
Bella
23 YEARS OLD
38 POSTS
Healer
Class 4
Enforcer Healer
Special

bella & rosel

Um so Bella wants to try and heal Ro's sight because WOW wouldn't that be AMAZING?!

Aside from that I think they would get along SUPER WELL. Their personalities just mesh and I can definitely see them being friends, if Bella manages to get out more aside from going to class. xD

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Specials | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

special
enforcer
human
males
females
non binary
totals

affiliates
resources
RPG-D roleplay ads nickpic
static
scrolling
heart[♥]sigh incredible a noncanon persona rp Lochland Grove Escaping Our Shadows affiliate with us!