• height: 6'1"
  • tattoos: a few
  • piercings: none
  • scars: plenty

relationships

• sexuality: heterosexual
  • relationship status: single
  • current partner: none
  • parents: Grace and Orson Evans (both deceased)
  • siblings: none
  • children: Ella Evans (deceased)

health

• physical ailments: none
  • mental ailments: depression
  • allergies: pollen
  • addictions: none
  • smoking: none
  • drinking: rarely
  • drug use: none

genesis

the coming into being of something; the origin

The first thing you should know about me is that I was born during a thunderstorm. Considering what I found out about myself later, it seems fitting. I came in the hospital hallway before my mother even got to a birthing room. The next thing you should know is that my parents weren't rich. They weren't poor, but t hey're what my father called the "working class poor." They worked long hours and lived paycheck to paycheck to make sure the bills were paid, and I didn't have many extras growing up. Birthdays and Christmases were a couple of small gifts each, and that was it. But I grew up loved. That was more than most kids got. And at a young age, I didn't understand the concepts of money and how little we had. I had parents who cared. I had food to eat and clothes on my back. I had a backyard to play in surrounded by the swamplands of Louisiana.

My early life was spent inside with my very French mother, so that was the first language I learned fluently. English slowly came alongside it - faster when I grew old enough to run around a bit outside with my father while he worked. Besides having a factory job, he also worked as a blacksmith and I'd sit and watch him sometimes, but only after I'd promised to never ever touch anything ever upon pain of death. And things were good. I did what all kids did at my age. I threw temper tantrums and made jokes I probably shouldn't have made. I tried to get out of bedtime and ate snacks that I'd sneaked from the fridge while my mother wasn't looking. I cried over lost toys and scraped knees and not getting to watch my favorite show on tv. Despite the money troubles, it was a good start to life. It was a strong foundation that I'd need when life started throwing curve balls.

revelation

the act of disclosing something previously secret or obscure

I went to a fairly large school for the area. We were in a class of about six hundred students and I took to education like a fish to water. I loved learning new things and I had a mind that needed to be occupied. School allowed me to answer all the burning questions I had about everything. I thrived in it. I wanted to soak up every bit of knowledge and culture as I could. I enjoyed learning. Teachers loved me because I liked the structure of following the rules and getting praised for it. I was a bit of a people pleaser, to be honest. I liked doing good and making people proud.

It was during a storm. The teachers said there was a hurricane and all the students were kept on lockdown well into the afternoon. We were young; only in first grade. I wasn't afraid, though. The teachers were good at keeping us all calm right up until the power went out. I'd never been in a situation completely without power before and it felt odd to me. Not the darkness, but the absence of electricity. I thought it was the same for everyone else. I thought they could feel it, too. If I had to compare it to something, I would say it was like suddenly finding yourself without a heartbeat. You don't notice it until it's missing. The other children were frightened of the dark. I was frightened because I suddenly felt disconnected. Of course, I did what came naturally for me. If the electricity was out, I would simply put it back. I found the light socket easily, put my hand over it, and created my own heartbeat. The lights came back on, obviously, but not before everyone had seen the spark and the glowing blue of my eyes. Everything changed that day.

acclimation

The process of becoming adjusted to a new environment or situation

I was taken from the school by strange men in uniforms and stuck in a cold room with no windows. It was far more frightening than any hurricane as I was tested and questioned. They treated me like I was some rare object. A highly dangerous rare object. I didn't care what they did as long as they told me where my family was, but they wouldn't answer until I was fully tested and registered. I got a nice little file and a card that said "Electric. Class four." I didn't know what it meant. Not then. They kept me for what felt like a solid week before I was released back into my parents' custody. They were handed pamphlets on how to handle a "special" child. It had phone numbers for them to call in an emergency. They looked sad and I didn't know why. It was like someone had died.

Both of my parents had been tested as a precaution. Mom and Dad were normal, so we shambled ourselves home, switched schools, and tried to live a normal life, but some things couldn't go back to the way they were. My mom lost her job. They didn't say it was because of me, but I got the impression that it was and that they'd come up with some other reason to cover up their prejudice. Things were just like that in the south. Their prejudices changed over time, but nothing short of the apocalypse was going to make a bigot a saint. Personally, I thought playing with electricity was pretty cool.

We found out that switching schools wasn't going to be enough. With the loss of my mother's job, we could no longer afford our house and were unable to keep it in the family... even without an electric bill. We packed our bags and headed where there might be more opportunities: Lincoln City. I was in the second grade by then and switching schools didn't upset me as it might have later in life, but I learned very quickly that being Special wasn't so special at all. I came to introduce myself by my power and class first, and then my name. It didn't earn me any friends and I learned to keep my head down. Our house was small and we had no yard to speak of. We ate macaroni and cheese a lot. But my parents did the best that they could. They loved me despite everything.

edification

improvement, instruction, or enlightenment, esp when morally uplifting

As I got older, I started to take some pride in my education once again. It was different than it had been before, but I still enjoyed learning. Now, I could see the way some students were treated differently than others. I felt the sting of lower grades than other students received, grades that I knew were lower than they should have been based on the work. I grew smart enough to notice these things, to take stock of them, and to comport myself accordingly. I was always quiet and followed the rules and I did the best I could on my homework. Still, the small handful of Special students in the school stuck together. We understood each other in a way that other people wouldn't, or perhaps couldn't. That's how I met Ryleigh.

rapture

the state resulting from feelings of high emotion; joyous ecstasy

I tripped in gym class. And don't get me wrong, I knew who Ryleigh was before then, but I'd never really noticed. Puberty does wondrous things to your attention level to such things. We'd been playing basketball and I got tripped. I was pretty sure it was on purpose since I'd scored a point the last time and had the ball again. My ankle twisted and I could feel something tear as I fell. Ryleigh was there before anyone else was and she healed it without so much as saying hello first. I still remember the way this sweaty lock of hair fell into her eyes as she did it, slightly curled from the humidity. The pain faded and she stood, finger to her lips in a vow of silence. Of course, I could only stare like a lovestruck fool, and perhaps I was. Still, I did notice the slight limp to her walk as she went back to her own team. She was my first crush. After I tracked her down to thank her, asked her out, and got to know her, she became my first love. My first kiss. My first everything.

I graduated before she did. I was two years ahead of her. Strangely enough, my parents approved of the relationship. I think we'd all learned that it was much easier to survive and to try to get ahead in life if we stuck together. I went on to the local community college. I spent the first year with an undecided major. Things were looking up and I had at least a tentative hope for the future despite the student loan debt I was getting myself into. It didn't help that my father passed away that year from a brain aneurysm. It was sudden and there was nothing to be done, and I took a semester off school to grieve and be with my family.

Two years later, Ryleigh graduated. I'd chosen a major in business management for lack of any direction in my life, and I wanted to be able to find some work after graduation. I was twenty and I'd waited long enough, so I proposed to Ryleigh. We were married later that year in a small ceremony and even though we didn't want to bring a child into this particular life, Ryleigh found herself pregnant. Part of me was overjoyed, but the other part was apprehensive. What kind of life could I give a child in this society? Ella was born eight months after our wedding and after her birth, I was by turns more overjoyed and more apprehensive.

quintessence

the most perfect embodiment of something

I learned how to change diapers and make bottles. Later, how to wipe up messes of baby food and work an umbrella stroller. I graduated from college and I'll be honest, it took me awhile to find a job. People didn't trust Specials and they really didn't trust them in management positions. Especially one as dangerous as I knew I could be. Other people knew it, too. It didn't matter what else I had to offer. I was too dangerous. Too unpredictable. I had too much power at my fingertips to be allowed to order people around. I always showed them a picture of my daughter at that point in the interview, if I even got that far. It wasn't until a full year after graduating that I finally landed a steady job.

I worked at the textile factory. It was hard work and I didn't get any favors. I watched my daughter grow and go to school and when it was discovered that she was also a special, instead of shunning her the way I knew society would, I embraced her. We had a long talk that night about what it meant for her future. At the age of eight, I'm not sure she understood very well, but I knew from experience that she would soon enough. Things in society weren't getting better. But I had a life. I had a wife and a beautiful little girl who looked up to me to do the right thing. I had just about everything that a person could ask for, and for a handful of years, everything was as perfect as a Saturday morning watching cartoons and breakfast in bed. We weren't rich in the ways of money, but I had something that many people want and very few get. I had love. I had family. I had a roof over my head and food on the table.

TW: death and suicide

desolation

being without friends or hope; sorrow; grief; woe

Ella was a class three terra. She was thirteen, almost fourteen. She was a good kid. She was the kind of kid that you see in commercials, playing in the backyard with their puppy. She had her moments, but for the most part, she was strong, independent, polite, smart, and courageous. I can't describe how much I loved her. I loved Ryleigh more than life, but when it came to Ella's safety, I knew without a doubt that I would use Ryleigh as a human shield to keep our daughter from harm. I would have done anything to save her. That's what I told myself, at least. I didn't try hard enough.

Friends were never hard for Ella to come by. She collected people from all walks of life. Unfortunately for her, that also included a few unsavory types. She was too much like her mother in that respect. If she found someone alone and broken, lonely or beat down, she had to see the best in them and try to help them. That was simply who she was. She became close with a guy named Jake. He wasn't entirely a bad sort, but he didn't live in as stable of an environment as we did. I suspect that the two had feelings for one another, but we'll never know.

Jake robbed a convenience store and had Ella with him. She waited outside and when she realized what was going on, she called me. She knew well enough to know that he wasn't doing a good thing and she wanted me to come intervene. I knew by that point that calling in Enforcers would just get everyone in trouble or worse, so I was probably the best option at the time. The store clerk, however, saw no problem calling in reinforcements. The Enforcers got there before I did. Jake resisted and Ella did what she did best. She tried to save him. She raised up half the parking lot to block the bullets. It was more than I thought her capable of and for a brief, shining moment, I was more proud of her than I'd ever been.

Of course, she'd bitten off more than she could chew. She couldn't hold it and she'd intervened, making her an accomplice in the eyes of law enforcement. When the debris fell, the Enforcers opened fire once again. I'm sorry that I can't go into more detail. I will say that I tried to stop it, but I was too slow. I was too afraid of using my powers and the backlash that would have caused if I'd hurt someone. The only time I used my power that day was to try to restart Ella's heart, but I wasn't the Healer and Ryleigh wasn't there. There was nothing to be done.

causatum

situation following an event, occurrence

Enforcers aren't gentle even with the innocent. They took me in for questioning with no time for grief. I was released after two days, but how do you just pick up your life after that? I think Ryleigh saw me as a coward for not doing more. I don't say that I blame her. She blamed me. She blamed Enforcers. She blamed society. Most of all, she blamed herself. She spiraled into a deep depression, and I went with her. Perhaps if I'd been a little stronger, I could have done something. But I was so lost to my own grief that I didn't notice the signs until it was too late.

I came home from work and found Ryleigh in the bathtub, the water red, her eyes open and staring blankly. I won't go into detail about how I pulled her out of the water and tried to breathe life back into her. I won't tell you how badly it hurt or how alone and helpless I felt. She took her own life and she's gone now.

That was a year ago. I still work at the factory, going through the motions after having worked myself up to a supervisor position. But there's something else now, a desire to save others in a way that I couldn't save my own family and I've gone back to school to get a degree in psychology. I'm using my free time to study martial arts. Some might say I'm working myself into the ground instead of grieving properly. They might be right.

Summary

This boy here was born in the bowels of Louisiana to a super French mother and a blacksmith father. He found out he was an Electric early at age seven, and shortly after, the family moved to Lincoln City. He grew up poor and married his high school sweetheart, Ryleigh, and had a daughter, Ella, shortly thereafter. Ella was killed by Enforcers when she was fifteen and Ryleigh took her own life the following year. Now he's back in school for psychology while trying to keep his emotional head above water, a feat assisted by helping Amanvir Singh with her runaways in his free time.

Friends

Jeromie has more acquaintances than friends, but he could use some close ones. He's lost his daughter and his wife and he's trying to put on a strong front, but he's more than a little broken inside and not letting himself truly grieve. But anyone who is friends with him should be prepared to get psychoanalyzed. He has a tendency to meddle in the affairs of others and he's a little self-righteous about his beliefs. His mother would say that he was born to be a preacher. He likes constructive argument and he has a strong need for community, family, good meals, and laughter. Sadly, there's too little of that in his life right now.

Enemies

Jeromie tries very hard not to have enemies. He tries to see the best in people and to help them if he can, but he's understandably leery of Enforcers. Even so, there's nobody that he truly hates. Even those who killed his daughter, in his mind, are only products of what they were taught, fear, and a lack of understanding. There are, however, people he dislikes. He will not tolerate child abuse or those who put others down to lift themselves up. And I'm pretty sure he's made a few people dislike him with the way that he meddles in other's affairs.

Lovers

Jeromie is still very much in love with his deceased wife, Ryleigh. It's not something he can just turn off, though he's wanted to at times. It'll take him time to truly open up and let himself have those kinds of feelings for someone else any time soon, but when it happens, he's a romantic at heart. He'll put a woman first and will treat her as an equal, but she should be prepared for him to move slowly.

About The Player

• Alias: Tara
  • Characters: Noah Erikkson, Mirela Charani, Chase Galloway, Jeromie Evans, Abigail Trahan
  • (M)/Smut: Yes
  • Triggers: None
  • Limits: Nothing as long as it's in character
  • Blurb: Whoo, bad at these. I'm a married mother of two girls and I live on a "retired" farm in Indiana. We used to have horses and stuff but we rent the farmland now. My life pretty much centers around my kids and rping, which I've been doing since my high school years. I started out on a site based on the movie The Covenant, then moved to X-Men, then werewolves, mermaids, faeries, a couple real life sites, etc. I've been staff on most sites that I've been on and it's pretty natural to me now. So if you need anything, just let me know!

Tara . GMT -5 . discord

CODE
[dohtml]<div class="n-sea"><h1>Jeromie & name</h1><div class="n-p-main">

Plot here.

</div><center><div style="padding-top: 15px; font-size: 13px; font-weight: 800; text-transform: uppercase;">

<a href="LINKTOYOURPLOTTER" target="_blank">reply</a>

</div></center></div>[/dohtml]
PMEmail
^
MELISSA
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 04:43 PM
mel
25 YEARS OLD
12 POSTS
Class
OOC

accepted

+ welcome to Code 8
Please don't forget to post in the face claim, member directory, and power claim. We look forward to seeing you around the site!
-code 8 staff
PM
^
Darci Garland
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 08:06 PM
Sophie, Quinn, Eve, Alice
31 YEARS OLD
45 POSTS
MORPHER
Class 5
WAITRESS
Special

Jeromie & Darci (and The System)

LET ME HAVE THIS THING.

ICC and Jer's bio gave me a lot of feels and I am totally into the 'personal case study' route. After writing her history, I've been thinking that maybe Darci has very loosely set up appointments with Dr. McKinney/A Random Therapist, but she doesn't go to them often only because that sort of formality may frighten her and make it all seem too real and scary. She's very insecure about her disorder and the Alters, so maybe stumbling into being a personal, informal case study of Jeromie's would be really good for her, and for him to observe and learn from her. Maybe Dr. Mckinney gives lectures for his psych classes and that's how they meet, one day after Darci leaves an appointment? Plus, the poor girl needs friends. Friends that don't talk in her head and seize control of her body. I'm thinking even, maybe, since Sophie reminds Jeromie of Ella, perhaps there'd be that father figure/paternal friend type of vibe (even though, clearly, Darci and Jer have a close age). At this point I'm just babbling but I desperately need it and a thread and their friendship so...please. Let me have it.

PM
^
JAYNE ALEXANDER
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 08:29 PM
Jay, J
25 YEARS OLD
108 POSTS
Electric
Class 5
ICU Nurse
Special

Jeromie & Jayne

Electric club! Jayne has no control whatsoever yet. The only thing she's managed so far, aside from murder, is getting pointers from Samuel in how to quell it enough with some breathing exercises for it to 'turn off'. She's still very much 'breathe the wrong way or make a sudden move and oops, there goes a city block.' And, god, dive for cover if she sneezes. If she knows Jeromie from this hospital (which I love), then she'd probably be logical and decide that she needs some kind of assistance before she kills someone again. Maybe she reaches out to him because she's kept in contact since Ella's death and is like 'Hey wanna get coffee and talk about fun things like watts and volts and how I killed my brother ohmygodpleasehelpme?'

-grabby hands-

PM
^
Amanvir Singh
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 10:34 PM
Ama
32 YEARS OLD
95 POSTS
-
Class -
Teacher
Human

Jeromie and Ama

Ama would HONESTLY LOVE to have someone else come help counsel the kids. Since Jeromie had a child before, no doubt he knows how to deal with kids or at least would have equal compassion to. Also (not to go there) since he’s a man, he can help with the male kids who come in troubled or the like. In short, Ama would just be over the moon if he helped her out. How they meet….IDK perhaps through some weird chain of contact or by hearing about one another and they get contact info and decide to meet and risk the chance that it’s legit? No matter what, once they become friends (or even if we just run with it that they are friends now), I’d love for them to meet up for drinks and relax and talk about life and vent or what have you. Also NGL as for the potential for feelings and potential romantics, I’m kinda all for toeing those waters and see what happens. PLUS CONFLICT AND LAKFJSDLF I mean I’m all about it lets do this because I need it too it's awesome.
PM
^
Troy Moran
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 10:41 PM
Troy
39 YEARS OLD
84 POSTS
Douser
Class 4
Zookeeper
Special

Jeromie & Troy

Troy appreciates any and all help, and he definitely has some posters up for people who have the time to spare to help work with the animals. Also if they got to talking more and became friends, if Troy heard about how Jeromie’s daughter came to (and I assume liked) the zoo, that would mean quite a bit to Troy, and he’d do what he could to help Jeromie out and make the zoo a good place. (NGL i can imagine him putting up a monument somewhere to Jeromie’s daughter (maybe her favorite animal or something) because that’s the kind of guy he is). Anyway, I’m all for this bromance, give it to me.

PM
^
Samuel Carlisle
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 10:46 PM
Samael
41 YEARS OLD
175 POSTS
Telepath
Class 5
Actor
Special

Jeromie & Sam

Sam loves having weapons to use people who believe in his cause, and even if they need a little..um...convincing, he can do that. Naturally, Sam’s purpose is to change how Specials are treated and to break the cruel system by turning the violence back on those who dish it out. He’s not seeking power (maybe, deep down, just influencing those in power), but he damn well wants the Enforcers and anyone whose job is to ‘deal with Specials’ put down. Hard.

Anyway, Sam would undoubtedly draw up those painful memories to prove his point when it comes to that discussion, but if he was able to pick up that Jeromie had some animosity towards Enforcers and blamed them, he would do whatever he could to amplify that and get Jeromie to his side.

And...the human part of him does feel bad that Jeromie’s child was killed by Enforcers.

This sounds like some awesome development potential, so let me know when you want to get this rolling.

PM
^
Troy Moran
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 09:40 PM
Troy
39 YEARS OLD
84 POSTS
Douser
Class 4
Zookeeper
Special

Jeromie & Troy

Troy just said 'that settles it, a monument goes up, what was her favorite thing to do or see here'.

So yeah, Ella's gonna have a monument. Sorry, just the kind of guy he is.

Anyway, I kind of like the idea that they might know one another. Perhaps not full on friendship, but Troy has a good memory, and he'd probably remember seeing Jeromie there with his daughter, and having heard about what happened and etc, offering a shoulder for support or for Jeromie to come visit sometime and relax. He'd probably invite Jeromie to his house way back in the wooded section of the zoo for like drinks or something, anything.

Let the Bromance begin.

Ps: If he showed up at the zoo alone without kids the staff might "???" but Troy would just be like "HI DO YOU LIKE THOSE ANIMALS WANNA PET ONE LEMME TELL U ABOUT THEM"

I'm all about this I need it right now pls.

PM
^
Samuel Carlisle
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 09:43 PM
Samael
41 YEARS OLD
175 POSTS
Telepath
Class 5
Actor
Special

Jeromie & Sam

Okay, we shall tentatively put a pin in this one, but I love the idea that this will happen. You let me know when you’re ready to throw your beautiful electric at this delightful telepath, and it shall happen.

PM
^
Amanvir Singh
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 09:54 PM
Ama
32 YEARS OLD
95 POSTS
-
Class -
Teacher
Human

Jeromie and Ama

I can’t tell you how elated Ama is to hear that a male might be able to help her out with the children. Not to get the whole ‘mother father’ thing going, but Ama is just happy to have help, of any kind.

I’m really into them knowing each other too. I love the idea that Ama would’ve been Ella’s teacher, and I can’t even tell you how much it would’ve hurt her to lose a student, but how much she’d also do anything and offer everything to Jeromie to help him through it. Even if they were just acquaintances at the time. If you want to start them off that they know of each other and are familiar enough to chat about things, I’d love that. I really need these babies too, so let me know when u want some Ama becaus she’s all ready.

PM
^
clayton caldwell
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 11:55 PM
Clay
31 YEARS OLD
26 POSTS
douser
Class 4
social worker
INACTIVE

Jeromie & Clay

If we could somehow get these two together and Clay could witness some of his personality and perhaps his martial arts skill, I could see Clay tapping him as a potential volunteer to help him teach young Specials on how to control their powers.

I figured that because of his need for community and family (while not having any of that really left) this might be a mutually beneficial arrangement for the two of them.

Again, just let me know what you think and if you want to try these two out.

@TARA
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Specials | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply

special
enforcer
human
males
females
non binary
totals

affiliates
resources
RPG-D roleplay ads nickpic
static
scrolling
heart[♥]sigh incredible a noncanon persona rp Lochland Grove Escaping Our Shadows affiliate with us!