ALERTS()
Code 8
SUPERPOWERS • ADVANCED • DEVELOPMENT DRIVEN

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Carlisle, Samuel, 41 | Telepath | Benedict Cumberbatch
Samuel Carlisle
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 10:37 PM
Samael
41 YEARS OLD
175 POSTS
Telepath
Class 5
Actor
Special

Samuel Carlisle

• full name: Samuel ‘Samael’ Carlisle
  • power/class: Telepath, Class 5

appearance

• face claim: Benedict Cumberbatch
  • height: 6’0
  • tattoos: None
  • piercings: None
  • scars: Superficial

relationships

• sexuality: Demisexual (borderline Asexual)
  • relationship status: Single
  • current partner: None
  • parents: Henry Carlisle (75) & Judy Carlisle (70)
  • siblings: None (Rebecca Delacroix, adopted, 32)
  • children: None

health

• physical ailments: None
  • mental ailments: None
  • allergies: None
  • addictions: None
  • smoking: Cigarettes
  • drinking: Frequent
  • drug use: Morphine occasionally

From deep in the West

a child shall be born

History is a strange thing. We often believe it is set in stone or ink or some other permanent form of knowledge, of record. Yet the reality is that it changes, shifts, morphs into whatever we thought we had experienced based on the situations present during the moment then, the moments after. We alter the course of an event based on how it impacted us well after the initial quake. The aftershock. When we ask someone to recount the history of their lives, we fail to remember that the initial quake is nothing more than the vague memories of the aftershocks. It’s why so many people gloss it over, summarize it in a few short breaths and occasional glances into space as though the memories are waiting to be plucked from the clouds. Then there are some, who will tell you nothing.

What you need to know is simple. Born to Henry and Judy Carlisle, Samuel appeared to be a very normal child. He cried when hungry and slept when not. As he grew he played with toys and he learned like so many others of his infant age. As a child, he played with wild and vivid imagination. He solved puzzles and played games with an impressive ability to learn and adapt to become an expert. It took no time at all for the young boy to learn how to play chess, backgammon, and other strategy games of the mind. He read at an advanced pace, he spoke at an advanced level. It was clear, by his tenth birthday, that he was rather smart. Perhaps disturbingly so.

Yet he was a child and all children are young and reckless. They get dirty and learn what they like and do not and Samuel was no different. He liked making up detailed worlds to pretend in, or enjoyed recreating stories as though they were scripts. He put on stage plays for his parents and their friends and their friends daughter, Rebecca, delighting in the applause and praise. Until he realized his parents just applauded because he was their son. It didn’t slow Sam down a bit, he continued his ‘career’ as he had called it, and learned stories and scripts and, eventually, plays by the master himself. He was able to read and recite with near flawless precision, and his ability to morph into a character was second to none.

Then again, it helped when one could hear critique before it was spoken.

At the tender age of 12, Sam’s world altered painfully. First, his parents best friends were killed in a car crash, leaving their daughter, Rebecca Delacroix, homeless. Sam’s parents -having considered the Delacroix’s practically family- took Rebecca in and ‘adopted’ the young girl. Sam didn’t mind too much of that, aside from the sudden upset in his simple homelife, Rebecca was a familiar face and a friend, so he welcomed her with rather open arms.

Second, he began to hear voices. At first, he was confused by the sudden whispers in his head. They were fleeting, short and broken and incoherent. His first irrational thought had been ‘those were lines from the play I read last night, weren’t they?’. It didn’t take long for him to realize the flaw in this assumption, and in a flare of child-fueled panic, he locked himself down, avoiding Rebecca and his parents altogether. His parents tried to help, they swiftly –so he heard- assumed it was nothing more than teenage hormones and the household upset of Rebecca moving in flooding his system, and he would get over it soon enough. Though there was something else there he could touch, an emotion, or a sense of one, and he toyed with that knowledge for some time. Fear kept him cautious, aware that such things said like ‘I can hear thoughts’ or ‘I know what you’re thinking’, oft spark fear and panic and calls to people Sam didn’t want to meet. He wasn’t a fool, this child, and he knew when things shouldn’t be said, and when they should. For this…Sam knew not to speak of it. To anyone.

Like so many children, teens, learning the ropes of youth and young-adulthood, Sam found something delightful in the secrecy of his knowledge, of his…ability. He had seen enough science-fiction and fantasy to know that what he was doing, hearing, understanding was something straight out of those fabled stories, and yet he embraced it, grasped it with a vice grip and used it like a weapon and shield. At first, it had been little more than listening to the thoughts of those around him, people watching with internal audio. He learned that Sarah liked James and that Gary hated Karl and that Vicky had a crush on Penny but wouldn’t say anything about it. It was fascinating, empowering. He wasn’t sure why he wasn’t more afraid of this…but he found a sick delight in it.

He was well into his high-school years when he learned of another aspect of this mind-reading trick of his. Having taken up acting the moment he was given a chance, Sam found a love of the theatre and stage, he performed with ability, and a very peculiar manner to know just what the directors wanted to see. Yet he was opinionated, passionate and confident, and during one moment of rehearsal when the director wanted something done a certain way, a forceful thought managed to react, and the director’s words had cut off, and the man had agreed that ’Nevermind, Sam’s way was best’. It had been hard not to look shocked, to be shocked. Samuel had stared at the man in surprise before a small tingle of pleasure struck him. Had he? Surely not? Perhaps he should try again…

And try again he did. From director to teacher to fellow student, Samuel began to press little thoughts here and there, ideas and implications, suggestions. They were small at first; ‘Fix your hair’ ‘tie your shoe’. Then he worked on something more, something significant. It was trial after trial, person after person. He took the ability home and convinced his mother to abandon spaghetti night to make pizza instead, how he convinced his father to abandon the television to practice lines with him. Petty things, easy things. He got all the lead acting parts, he convinced college scouts that he was worth their time. Suggestion after suggestion, Samuel moved forward in life, the weapon safely up his sleeve, used in just the softest ways.

His ability to convince, manipulate, and adjust thoughts was what got him into an acting school. Coupled with his knowledge, and yes, his ability to act, moved him swiftly through the courses and with stellar grades and performances. His ability to know just what the directors were looking for made him a valuable and golden star on the college stage, and it didn’t take long before others began to notice his talent.

'I was such a clever child. I still am, mind, but back then it was more exciting. My parents loved how smart I was, my teachers adored me, my fellow students were in awe. There is power in knowing you're the smartest kid in the class, and back then, it was fun. As I grew up it diminished in enjoyment, and instead the lesser minded became more of a nuisance. Constantly being asked for help or to explain the simplest things was exhausting, and even if I could implant the information with a simple nudge of thought… what fun was that? I can't deny that I grew increasingly annoyed with some people, and through some careful subliminal suggestions, got them to stay well away from me. Imagine my delight when I learned I could do the opposite. I could make people happy around me, make people like me. Read their thoughts and know how to react before the first eye contact. Sure, hearing all of these thoughts can be daunting, but I've since learned how to tune much of that out. After all, the minds of many are incredibly vacant, and my mind rebels at stagnation.’

He will seduce the multitude with his tongue

The noise of his reputation will grow

Samuel was charming, and how could he not be. He could hear, easily, the words of those who he shook hands with and said hello to with a smile. He learned through gentle prodding of various girlfriends how to get into memories, to see them as though viewing a picture, or perhaps a short video clip. He worked with these, drawing them out slowly and softly, as though worming a thread from a tapestry. He used these memories to manipulate people into liking him, adoring him. He always knew ”Just what to say” and was ”Never like the others”. No matter the relationship, Sam knew just how to be perfect.

It is prudent to mention, here, for a brief moment, that Sam was not a fool. He kept this ability well hidden, not even joking about being able to ‘read minds’. He would merely shrug and smile, passing off this supernatural sense with that charming grin and bright eyes. He knew what he was, and had been well aware of it since the middle of his college years. He was also well aware of the drones flying overhead, of the Enforcers patrolling the city, and the stereotype that waited in the shadows for people like him. So yes, he was aware to be cautious and careful, and yes, he was able to keep himself locked up, secret and hidden, for many years. After all, he could hear thoughts clear as day, it was easy as pie.

Sam attended the USC School for the Dramatic arts, graduating with high honors and just about anything and everything that could be awarded to him. He was smart, clever and bookish, and when he wasn’t reading the minds of those around him, gleaning information and filtering out what was interesting and not, he was oft reading scripts, learning Shakespeare and other literary masters of their time and of the stage. Any other time of his was spent on the stage, rehearsing or simply being there, soaking it all in. It was in these silent wings that he would sift through his thoughts, reach out to others nearby, and hone his abilities. To him, it became a dance, a scripted movement through the folds of the human conscious and subconscious. He practiced the steps over and over, working them until –like so many things- he became adept at it.

There was more behind this clever, charming young man than his ability to act with grace and style. He was well aware of the plight going on around him, and with his abilities gradually becoming stronger, he was well aware of just how many of the people like him were out there. There were plenty of voices in the chaos speaking of fire and electricity, of strength and questioning just what they should look like today. There was a different fear under all that hate that smothered so much of the air around him, and he began to seek it out. At first, he was careful about who he spoke to, approaching them with a gentle nature and kind smile. It was here, in these few tender moments, that Sam learned of a new purpose for his abilities. He could…influence people to tell him their secrets, he could influence their trust and faith in him, and in short time, with a careful and tender manipulation he could gain their friendship. It wasn’t long before the truth came to him, and he was approached by members of a sect of Specials who had been waiting for the right moment. Veritas Aequitas, they called themselves, and they pulled Sam in and spoke with him behind closed doors and in hushed whispers.

They were a peaceful organization, of old, royal bloodlines and tied to the rich and famous. They were closed off, secretive in all the ways Sam would imagine such a sect would want to be. Yet their focus was on peace, above all else, peace was the goal between Specials and the rest of the world. Their abilities, their powers were useful things, and if the world could see that, if the world might accept it, then Specials would be welcomed with open arms and in a place of honor. That was what mattered to this group, and Sam believed every word they spoke.

Sam didn’t hesitate to join them. He took up his place under their banner and promised to use his abilities to bring others to the same mindset. His intentions, his plan, was clear. To infiltrate the Resistance movement in Lincoln city and bring about a universal goal and mindset for peace, and the ways to achieve it. Murder, violence and chaos were not acceptable answers, and Sam was determined to ensure that it wasn’t an option.

As his acting career bloomed, so too did his abilities. Sam’s ability to manipulate the people around him became something more of a sociopathic tendency. By using his powers to convince people of his words of peace and honor, of pride in power and self. Forget striking fear into the hearts of others, or dividing up aspects of himself to please others into liking him. Sam needed nothing more than his sweet smile and kind eyes, and the phantom fingers to work and weave their magic in the thoughts of those who stood before him. He made friends this way, and he avoided enemies in the same breath. After all, it was easy to turn those Enforcers around and send them on their merry way or convince them to turn a blind eye when a Special was nearby. Being one of the resistance was child’s play, and like the fables that he so loved to perform on stage and on film, he played his role perfectly.

’ I thought about speaking out, of putting my fame and voice to the cause of people like me, struggling to find a place in the world, struggling to be accepted, to be normal. I thought maybe my notoriety, my adoring public might help. Then, without prompt from me or my voice, I realized this was not to be. The brutality of the Enforcers was evident everywhere, even if people said they were doing good things. They weren't of course, they were doing what they do best, suppressing, terrorizing. Our people, my people want equality, and that is what matters. Acceptance, understanding...so I sought out specials like me, I found, gained their trust and silence. I worked myself, my finances, to their cause, our cause. Our, yes, there are others, I am one of their agents, their lineage. I am a man with power and ability and influence, I have always been.'

Soon, a young man will attain high office

by land and sea, he must be feared

Power is a delightful drug, and Sam was hooked. With his abilities finely crafted, and nothing holding him back from ensuring that he could use them to his full extent, he dove head first into working behind the scenes of the Resistance. A puppeteer and careful at it, he tugged the invisible strings of those around him, working those into believing in equality, and using influence and powers to give Specials a place of honor in society. An agent of Veritas Aequitas working in the Lincoln City Resistance, Sam spoke of peace and finding ways to get there, of avoiding violence and outburst, of maintaining secrecy.

He had proven himself a capable and dependable ally for the Specials, and he was able to maintain his hidden identity inside the Resistance. Manipulation of memories changed his face to each person, and eventually, he worked his way to remain unseen throughout the Resistance forces, going only by Samael, and a blurry memory of what he ‘might’ look like. This allowed him to stay within the group, as well as continue to climb to international stardom on the silver screen. To the normal public, he was Sam Carlisle, a charitable, friendly, kind hearted and fan loving actor who took the time to meet with those who adored him, and who was always courteous. He didn’t speak out, he kept political talk under his tongue and he avoided any mention of Specials or Enforcers in polite or, in-polite company. Yet when the stage lights went out, and he returned to his swanky, modern apartment in the heart of the city, he was Samael, and he did the real work. Under his name, under this blurred visage, he gathered those with like minds, and convinced others of the same cause.

Peace, honor, and justice.

With this mantra and these abilities, Sam gathered many to his side and his cause, and rose up to what some might consider a leadership position within the Resistance. Though he does not lead by official status or anything close, he is a sort of leader in the sense that people often look to him for guidance, or as a kind ear who might listen to troubles and offer advice or support. He is the man many come to when the going gets tough, and many hope he'll have the next course of action, or at least an idea to give those who would call themselves leaders. All while he quietly informs those of his true affiliation of the standings and the mindset of those in the Resistance and Railroad.

’Power is delicious isn’t it? Think about it, when you have control, when your words or actions can affect a mass of people, can change their thought or emotions or actions, it’s wonderful. It’s this strength, invisible and silent, and it has the power to take lives. Like playing god, I suppose, if you believe in that sort of thing. I don’t know if I believe in him personally, but I imagine this is what it feels like to be him. The ends I want are simple. Specials deserve equality, perhaps more than that. We are a gift, a rare thing that fills this world with power and abilities the normal, simple minds cannot fathom. Why must we, gifted as we are, bow down to those lesser than us? That surely makes no sense, and it’s this logic that is irrefutable for many who believe my path is the right one to be on. If they disagree…well…I do my best to…convince them otherwise. In the end, Peace is our goal, but the truth of it is, we know we deserve even more than just that.”

Summary

There are two sides to this famous coin, but nearly everyone has only seen one. Samuel the actor is a kind, generous, humble man who adores his fans and does what he can for them and the general public. Charitable, honest, but gentle natured, he is well adored in many a household, and a rising name when it comes to the silver screen. Samael, however, is the darker alter ego. Though darker is often a misleading word. Though decidedly not violent, Samael is cunning and conniving, manipulative and coy. While he believes in his Factions ideals of peace and honor in society, he thinks of Specials as kings and queens, noble, divine blood that deserves a high place in society, and he is doggedly focused on it coming to fruition.

Friends

. Sam does actually have friends. The actor himself has made many a coworker and costar a friend and he does care for them in some ways. He's a rather loyal man if he finds that your mind isn't entirely warped or strange, and his friends are people he does try to protect from many aspects of life. Samael, however, doesn't truly have 'friends'. People that might consider this alter ego friends are those who have fallen into his good graces, and have realized just how well Samael works to protect those that matter to him and his cause. If that's something you call friendship, well, then that's where you land. But be warned, betraying Samael will make you swiftly fall into the next category, with no chance of redemption.

Enemies

Samuel tries to avoid 'enemies' per say. As a public figure, he does his best to remain a shining light of propriety and grace. The idyllic gentleman, Sam strives to do no wrong. Yet hiding underneath some carefully controlled expressions, is the lurking disgust and disdain for Enforcers, and those who think chaos and murder is the answer to the plight of Specials.

Lovers

Sam was once a man interested in the female sex. He enjoyed their appearance and bodies, and that was about it. Their minds were often shallow or strangely warped, a weaving web of tangled thoughts that wrapped around one another and morphed weirdly with the wrong emotion. Manipulating them was, for a time, exhausting, and Sam realized that attempting to maintain a relationship was fruitless, and he further came to the conclusion that he really, just didn't care. Though he had through his adult life encountered women and taken them to bed, Sam slowly grew away from the desire, or need, to engage in sexual activities. Women attempting to be flirtatious were often boring and droll, or disgusting dependent on how much he dove into their thoughts, and he was frequently turned off by them. Thus, romance and sex is something that is very hard to get this man thinking about.

About The Player

• Alias: Legion
  • Characters: Jaxon Alexander, Samuel Carlisle, Amanvir Singh, Troy Moran, Daniel Garland
  • (M)/Smut: Yep
  • Triggers: Nope
  • Limits: Rape/Forced Situations, BDSM
  • Blurb: Straight up Slytherin here, I’m a recluse on my best days and an all around hermit 24/7. I hail from Wisconsin, nestled right next to Lake Michigan and have a deep love for heading to the forgotten north for some peace and quiet. I’ve got a horcrux in the shape of a grey tabby feline named Loki, and if you ask me about her I won’t shut up about her. Been writing for 15 years, and started on some LOTR sites and then moved to Harry Potter and back and forth until I wound up, well, here. I’ve been staff on a few sites, and will do my best to answer any and all questions you throw my way.

Legion . CST . PM Discord#9798

PM
^
LEGION
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 11:26 PM
Legion
29 YEARS OLD
45 POSTS
Sleeping
Class 5
Manager
Admin

accepted

+ welcome to Code 8
Please don't forget to post in the face claim, member directory, and power claim. We look forward to seeing you around the site!
-code 8 staff

--------------------
I AM LEGION, FOR WE ARE MANY

FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

PM | DISCORD #9798

PM
^
RAGNA ÅKERFELDT
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 02:06 PM
Ray
30 YEARS OLD
35 POSTS
Brawn
Class 4
bartender
INACTIVE

ragna & sam

Ragna was, once released from jail, pretty outspoken on her feelings regarding what happened, so I've no doubt Sam heard of her, probably about two years ago. He's probably heard whispers since then of her getting more intrigued by the resistance.

If he sent her a message, she'd probably be doubtful - she's not the most trusting person ever, so it may be best if he approaches her? She's still pretty involved in helping Specials, so where she lives is known among those who she helped.

She'd definitely want to work with him when they meet, however, and she's more than happy to make the tough decisions, and morally questionable ones.
PM
^
ROSEL SILVIA
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 04:16 PM
Ro, Harbinger
27 YEARS OLD
309 POSTS
Kinetic
Class 4
Blackmail
Special

Samael & Rosel

Perhaps I am mad, to put blind faith in a devil. But how can I resist?

Obviously we’ve already had many wonderful ideas and discussions about these two but I thought that, for organization’s sake, I’d make a more official post in his shipper with Rosel’s attributes and potential offerings.

First, there’s her blackmail game. She is not quite on his level, but she’s made enough of a splash to get on his radar. Sam and Ro have a common goal in that they want better lives for Specials, which is why she started doing this in the first place. She doesn’t really deal with the bigger picture, but operates more on an individual, person-by-person scale. If he wanted to start out small, he could probably get her to give him information without any offerings on his part if the outcome was helping someone in need. If he wanted to go after targets that were leading more out of her ‘zone’, so to speak, he’d need to sweet talk her a bit. Which will be too easy.

She is suspicious of Specials that have more of a mental influence, because she doesn’t like being ‘tricked’. Mind games have never played out well for her. Once he proves that he is trying to help her, and starts giving her those small bits of peace, she’ll be hooked. Being showed kindness is a weakness of her’s that he can exploit. Plus, if he convinced her that the more questionable actions were to help Specials, she’d go along willingly enough... Up until he hit some moral line, and she’d balk. Or just not tell him the whole truth, or lie if she thought she could pull it off. And then he’d drop the friend act and make her regret it enough to where she’d crawl, bend over backwards, anything to make it stop and earn his favor. Then she’d be stuck.

All of the blackmail and offerings aside, he may want her in his pocket because she is a higher class Kinetic. Not all powerful, but still plenty strong. She’s dangerous when she’s in full control and chaotically lethal if she isn’t. Her unique use of it may be a nice card to have up his sleeve, because no one is going to suspect the blind girl of being a threat if he ever wanted to bring her somewhere as backup, bodyguard, or a smiling, smooth-talking bank of information.

Long, rambly post short, Ro is his to toy with however he wishes. All he has to do is make her an offer she can’t refuse. Now let’s make a thread before I faint from holding this overflowing box of plot bunnies, shall we? @LEGION

PM
^
EILÍS MOORE
 Posted: May 1 2017, 09:30 PM
20 YEARS OLD
80 POSTS
Kinetic
Class 4
Hacker
Special

Eilís & Sam

Heyo~

Okay so I had the though that since Eilís likes to help out with the railroad that maybe these two could come in contact with each other. From a manipulation stand point she'd be pretty easy for him to twist around and get to do something for him. Or you know the fact that she's a kinetic who isn't registered.

Or since I have doggos and puppers on the brain maybe they could meet at a dog park or something? I have this mental image of Eilís throwing balls for all the various dogs and maybe trying to practice with her kinetic abilities by pushing the balls farther. Iiiif either of those don't suit your fancy let me know. I'm sure we could come up with something. @LEGION

PM
^
NELL FLORES
 Posted: May 13 2017, 01:22 AM
Nell
26 YEARS OLD
18 POSTS
Morpher
Class 4
Laborer/sex worker
INACTIVE

samael & nell

Look how great the whole cyber attack was for every Special except Nell!

In a fit of exultation, Nell quit her crappy job at a medical waste disposal plant. It wasn't quite the freedom she had planned because as it turns out, Nell is skilled in only a narrow avenue of things. Okay so scratch finding a legit job, Nell isn't a fan of hard work anyway. But even her main source of income, having sex for money, is dwindling; showing off her abilities and assuring any takers of her registration was sort of the only thing hse had going to seperate her from the mass of prostitutes that walked the streets. Sure she can still draw them in well enough, but she's taking a lot less for it. Things keep going the way they are and Nell's pretty sure she'll end up on her ass.

Enter Samuel.

Yeah, duh, of course Nell knows who Sam Carlisle is, she's a prostitute, she doens't live under a rock. There isn't a lot that Nell has that she wouldn't offer in exchange for security. In essence, Nell could use a sugar daddy. And I'm sure Samael could find use for a powerful Morpher.

The only thing I can think of as a meeting is Nell being turned away from a higher end club that she used to frequent for high paying clients and Sam over hearing and offering her a drink, upon hearing some of her more panicked thoughts.

But I need these two to plot so I'm down for pretty much whatever.

PM
^
Coen De Vries
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 09:46 AM
co
37 YEARS OLD
62 POSTS
ENFORCER
Class 0
CAPTAIN
Enforcer

sam & coen

I WILL START MY PLOTTER ADVENTURE HERE WITH OUR FRESHEST FACES. So I figure these two will collide sooner or later, what with them being diametrically opposed on the political spectrum. I know Mel sent you some ideas and Sam messing with Anika's mind would make all kinds of spectacular trouble, so I'm in for however that goes. I'm loving Sam's socio-ness so I think a thread would be a sweet way to bring elements of that out, and put his field-razing world plans into action, especially because Coen has so many goddamn secrets that could be plucked out of his mind a la the fact that he's leaking details to the media about sketchy Enforcer happenings to promote justiciable action against them and the fact that his Mom's a very ill telepath who has likely hurt a few innocent people. -cough-

And a question just to clarify, would someone like Coen know of the name Samael, or is that a more restricted, inner circle-y term for persons in the resistance/specials?

I had a little image in my mind of them meeting at some kind of either political or high-society event. Chandeliers. Champagne. Be it an art gala or something. (Like meeting a bond villain, I just realised ololo ;w;)

I'm very sleepy so I hope this made sense! BUT I WANT ALL THE THINGS. ALL THE THIIIINGS.

@LEGION
PM
^
Mirela Charani
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 07:46 PM
Rela
48 YEARS OLD
35 POSTS
Telepath
Class 5
Criminal
Special

Mirela & Sam

Just try to mess with her, buttercup. lol

But honestly I'd like to see a thread with them. Idk if Sam would take off like two posts in or what, but I need it even if it's short. Gotta keep Sam on his toes, after all.  

PM
^
Mirela Charani
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 10:50 AM
Rela
48 YEARS OLD
35 POSTS
Telepath
Class 5
Criminal
Special

Mirela & Sam

See, that's why I need to see how Mirela would act in-thread. They have a lot of views that line up and they're basically working for the same thing, but they each have a slightly different moral compass. So on one hand, I could see them sometimes working in perfect tandem and other times, vowing to somehow disable each other's plans.

Like in the case of Sam's tolerance and approval of Ama. Mirela would be on board with that, like to help, etc. But then with Sam messing with people's minds to either get them to support his cause or erasing the memory of himself in their head, I think that's something Mirela would take issue with because she's very careful about what she does to people's minds. Now how much of an issue with that she'd have is something I'd have to work out. Could just be a small distaste, could be she'd threaten him. It all just really depends on how they interact and how that first meeting goes, how they size each other up, what rapport they have established before one of them does something the other doesn't like.

But I'd love to explore that and see how they could begrudgingly help each other. So not really frenemies but... it's hard to put a label on it. Reluctant respect? Never quiiiiite completely trusting.  

PM
^
Jeromie Evans
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 06:41 PM
Jer
36 YEARS OLD
48 POSTS
Electric
Class 4
factory supervisor
Special

Jeromie & Sam

Jeromie could... I won't say easily be swayed from his morals because he's a very moral guy, but he could be convinced via various methods *cough* to do some things for Sam. He tries to deny it, but he's got a lot of deep seated anger toward Enforcers for killing his daughter, which in turn led to the death of his wife. He tries not to blame them, but part of him does and it would be really easy to prey on that.  
PMEmail
^
Jeromie Evans
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 10:07 AM
Jer
36 YEARS OLD
48 POSTS
Electric
Class 4
factory supervisor
Special

Jeromie & Sam

I think this will be great. Because Jeromie tries so hard to rise above and be the bigger person and let go of his anger, but Sam could bring all that out without twitching a muscle. And I think eventually, Jeromie will have to choose a side (of himself, of the resistance, of where he stands morally) because on one hand, he'll have the work he's doing with Ama and making a positive difference, then he'll have Sam and anything he does for him and that need for vengeance. It'll be great. I wanna get a couple of things set up with him before we dive into this, but I definitely want it.  
PMEmail
^
Leon Hunt
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 04:14 PM
25 YEARS OLD
26 POSTS
Pyro
Class 4
bartender
INACTIVE

Leon & Samuel

So I'm thinking that Samuel could catch wind of a bartender that preaches peace between races and move in to investigate, maybe figure out about his amnesia and offer to help in exchange for something. It would be pretty hard for Leon to refuse and something tells me a Class 4 Pyro would be a very nice ally to have.
PM
^
Leon Hunt
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 10:54 PM
25 YEARS OLD
26 POSTS
Pyro
Class 4
bartender
INACTIVE

Leon & Samuel

I'm so down for that it hurts a little bit, I can almost taste the struggle that Leon would go through to make sense of everything, putting him in a very vulnerable spot for you to swoop in and recruit him for the resistance, It would also lead to some very interesting story Arcs for Leon in the future, trying to find his family and what not. Long story short, show no mercy.

PM
^
clayton caldwell
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 08:38 PM
Clay
31 YEARS OLD
26 POSTS
douser
Class 4
social worker
INACTIVE

Samuel & Clay

I can't believe I didn't think of these two, but yes! I love both of your ideas!

If Samuel was well known as a celebrity back when Clay was first making a name for himself in Lincoln, and perhaps Samuel had heard about Clay's efforts to level the playing field between humans and specials, I could see thee two actually run into one another on occasion. Depending on the venues and what all his prior employer did. If they clicked, I could see Clay contacting him for contributions when he was initially setting up the center and most certainly accepting any help Samuel would be willing to offer in the future.

As for the Resistance thing, I'd assume that Clay probably doesn't know that Samuel is the leader of the Resistance, though Clay's probably got a fairly low opinion of the Resistance, since they have more of a radical approach to expanding civil rights. At the same time, I don't imagine he'd turn down protection if it was offered, as long as it was no strings attached and they kept his visitors safe.

How would you wanna start up their relationship?

PM
^
clayton caldwell
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 08:35 PM
Clay
31 YEARS OLD
26 POSTS
douser
Class 4
social worker
INACTIVE

Samuel & Clay

I like it!

So what if Clay didn't know that Sam had put some kind of "security detail" on the center and finally noticed that there were always two strange men lurking nearby, consistently. They never caused trouble or threatened anyone, they just stood around. Made sure the center's people came and left safely, and even seemed to scare off people who attempted to approach Clay as he went out to his car at night.

Maybe, Clay confronts them and they kind of apologize and move along, though they don't really leave. Maybe Sam hears about this and kind of visits to "check in" on his investment, make sure Clay has everything he needs and maybe Clay grows suspicious of Sam and begins to wonder if he hired the thugs to watch the center? Though I doubt Clay would be able to piece together too easily that Sam is involved with the Resistance specifically, let alone in any kind of leadership position.

I'd bet knowing that Sam is involved in the Resistance would put Clay in a difficult position, if it came out. Because Clay needs the donations to keep the place running, but he most certainly wouldn't approve of the Resistance.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Specials | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

special
enforcer
human
males
females
non binary
totals

affiliates
resources
RPG-D roleplay ads nickpic
static
scrolling
heart[♥]sigh incredible a noncanon persona rp Lochland Grove Escaping Our Shadows affiliate with us!